Weed Burner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSMcdowell:
I really just want a Weed burner to see the looks on my neighbors faces. I really need to start taking pics of their faces at 8 AM when I am firing up the grill or smoker. They all think I am insane. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh then you DEFINITELY want the one with the "turbo-blast" trigger!

The weed burner starter has intrigued me for a while. Since I wouldn't use it for anything else, I am having trouble justifying it.

Jay,
For the Primo you could go with one of the Bernzomatic torches available from Home Depot or Lowes. I use it with the Egg all the time. Light, quick and no hassle with connecting etc. Keep it in the garage next to the charcoal.

The is the model I have, but if you go to the home page they have a new "improved" model that looks like it would do the same thing. For reference, after 2 years cooking I'm still on the first gas canister.

Bernzomatic Torch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Have you pulled the trigger on the weed burner?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No not yet. I decided to blow some cash on a smoke daddy and a thermoworks IR gun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Since I wouldn't use it for anything else, I am having trouble justifying it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

100% agree. However, for me, its a speed and safety issue, which are two things I can never have enough of.

I'm thinking I could roast red peppers with it (another thing that's hard to do with a propane stove).

Or actually use it for its intended use, like actually burning weeds and melting ice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> For the Primo you could go with one of the Bernzomatic torches available from Home Depot or Lowes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks, but I've been there. It just takes to long to get things to critical mass. When using the primo sub zero, you got to get your coals really going or you'll end up baking you meat at 300*. I started out thinking I'd use a tiny bit of charcoal, but quickly realized you need things blazing. I misinterpreted "uses less charcoal." It doesn't mean to use less, I use more, but can save most of it for the next cook. But now next cook, I have a bowl of cold charcoal that's hard to get back into a chimney.

Back