Weber Wok recipe help!!

Andrew16

TVWBB Member
Hello all,

I just got the GBS Weber wok as a gift and I can't wait to use it! We went out today and bought some shrimps, muscles and calamari. Does anyone of you have experience or recipes (nothing crazy, just simple) for something like garlic herb shrimps and maybe muscles in a white wine sauce with garlic done in the wok? Maybe also the setup with straight forward instructions?

Sorry, I've never used a wok before and have no idea how to get started. I just know that I love garlic herb shrimps and white wine garlic muscles. I'm sure they are both amazing done in the wok.

Thanks for your help!

hi Andrew I see the Forum is abuzz with help , just got a wok also, have you used your yet, I will be tossing some chicken and veggies in tonight with some peanut oil and soy .... may be a touch of shriacha....... see what happens!:george:

I don't have a Weber Wok, but use a Wok with a handle over the Weber Chimney.

I only cooked 2 dishes on it.
Garlic shrimp: (Mince garlic with 1-2 TBsp of oil) and
Quick Beef/Veggie stir fry:
2 Tbsp Veggie Oil
Cut up strips of Flank or sirloin
Veggies: Usually do sugar snap peas/celery or peppers
1 envelope Lipton Golden Onion Soup Mix or Onion Soup mix
1/4 cups water

Brown the meat and set aside. Mix Lipton soup mix with the water and stir fry the vegetable and re-add the meat near the end.

I actually stopped using the Wok after getting a griddle for my performer. I tend to burn my food from the high heat cooking on the wok + chimney. (Too slow and clumsy)

Back