Weber toys I made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Hawkins

TVWBB Member
I was asked to post the photo of a Smokey Joe lamp I made. The lamp is hanging from the ceiling of my garage, like a ceiling fan. I also included a couple photos of a grill I built. It is a 22 1/2" charcoal grill built into the frame of a Summit gas grill.
100_0365-1.jpg
100_0366.jpg
100_0378-1.jpg
100_0379-1.jpg

Thanks for posting the photos, Mike! Both projects represent unique "out of the box" thinking and follow through
icon_wink.gif
As Jim said, <span class="ev_code_BLUE">"very cool"</span>
icon_cool.gif

That light is pretty cool.

Weber Grill Restaurants use Smokey Joe lids as light shades around the kitchen, over the serving line.

I got the idea for the light from Weber's Schaumburg restaurant a few years ago while attending one of their cooking classes. My wife and I made the trip from Cincinnati to Chicago to attend the class. Believe me, that trip cost me some time waiting in the mall while she shopped. Just an FYI, there is a nice bar in the mall that is across the street from the Weber restaurant. Also, the Weber factory is located a few miles from that restaurant - I highly recommend stopping at the factory store and spending some time at THE MOTHER LAND!! I looked like a kid at Disney World.

Very Cool!!! I especially like the 22 1/2" charcoal grill built into the frame of a Summit gas grill. Is that a hanger for the lid going across the back?

Yes, it is a lid holder and it came from Weber, I believe it is called a Slide-Aside. All of the project was made with Weber parts except for two pieces of angle iron and 2 pieces of all-thread used to hold the frame together. The all-thread goes through the bottom shelf... which is a door from a Weber gas grill. As for the dog in the photo, the family wouldn't let me name her "Weber" but it is her middle name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back