Weber Summit S-450 - 70851 Cookbox?

Tate

Hi all,

My 13yr old Summit S-450 is showing rust within the cookbox, behind the control knobs in the front. Do you think its worth replacing the cookbox? Where can a cookbox for this model be purchased? Can someone point me to installation instructions? On a scale of 1-10, what is the level of difficulty to install the cookbox for a Summit S-450? During the installation process, what else should I consider replacing?

Thank you.

You are going down an expensive rabbit hole if you are looking to replace those parts. However, I am not sure, but your grill might be covered under the weber warranty. Call customer service and talk to them. All they can say is NO.

Yah, I was pretty sure it was longer than 10 years. And if they are willing to sell you the parts at a discounted rate means they have them and cannot claim they no longer stock them.

I would call back and try again with a different C/S rep and if not, ask for a supervisor.

Well, I hate it when that happens. It looks like Weber knew that cookbox was going to be an issue.

Yeah, I know everyone on here rags on the cheap grills for rust issues but at least they typically only cost a couple hundred $$$$ not a thousand or more

Yah, that is the real issue with the grill. If it was a $500 grill, I would say ten years is a good warranty. But like you said, that was no $500 grill.

I can go buy a $500 or less grill now or put that or less into what I have now and still have a great grill.

BJs had this for $319!

Back