weber stainless steel grates, nib, DFW area

Willie H

TVWBB Member
genuine weber stainless steel grates for genesis/spirit, part #7527, brand new in box, now $30. I'm located just south of Ft Worth

Bought a couple spare sets when I replaced original rusting porcelain grates. Replacements still going strong so I'm selling the spares to clear space. Brand new in original box. Have a couple sets and will take this down when they're gone.

my craigslist ad with pic: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/for/5779354340.html

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000WEMG4W/tvwb-20

If interested email me thru craigslist ad (probably fastest) or just post here/send pm.
fwiw- our local police station has designated safe space for online transactions, pretty cool deal that works well for all parties. But I might be willing to drive to meet if not too far.

Thanks, Willie

Wille,

I am interested in a set of grates for my Genesis Silver grill. How much would shipping be to Palatine, Illinois, 60074.

Thank you,
Peter

Peter, I honestly have no idea. I'm afraid it might be cost prohibitive, and I don't have a paypal account to receive payment (otherwise I'd just stick them on ebay) so I'd have to wait until I had cash in hand before I shipped them. As such I hadn't really considered anything other than local pickup. I likewise don't know who is the most reasonable for shipping- I'm guessing it varies with all sorts of factors like location, size, etc?

I will check to see if I can find out a good answer for you though. Do you have a preference (other than price) b/w UPS, USPS, Fedex?

OK, I just checked UPS and USPS online. The weber box dimensions I just measured myself are 21x15x2 inches, weight appx. 7 lbs. Shipping from 76028 to 60074.

Cost was $16 for UPS ground. If it needs to be placed inside another box to ship the dimension would obviously be slightly larger and it might cost a bit more. I don't know if that's necessary or even if I have a box that would only be slightly larger to be a good fit or not (doubtful)

For USPS the largest flat rate box I see is 24x12 so it doesn't quite fit, so I had to use weber box dimensions again. Cost for USPS retail ground shows $18 (and says be there by Tuesday 27th if dropped off today, for example) and priority mail 2-day shows $21 (and says be there by Friday 23rd, for example). Again that was using the actual weber box. It seems sturdy but don't know if they'd ship like that or if you'd want them to.

You can play around with the online shipping calculators to see what you can come up with. Hope this helps. If you're still interested let me know.

Back