Weber Spirit S320 Regulator Issue

PDay

TVWBB Fan
Hi, having had a new lid replaced by Weber under warranty for my 2013 Spirit S320 I though it best to buy a new regulator and hose and it's not been changed and made be 10 years was a bit long. Following the instructions provided of using 2 spanners (1 to hold, 1 to turn) I just can't get the connection to budge.. Has anyone else experienced this and have any advice? PS: I did apply WD40.

Regulators don't need to be changed as a matter of course or maintenance. They either work or they don't. So don't waste your $$$$

Regulators don't need to be changed as a matter of course or maintenance. They either work or they don't. So don't waste your $$$$
It's more the hose that I'm concerned about. I've already bought the replacement but perhaps it will just sit in the spares pile for a few years.

I personally can agree with keeping the new parts as spare. Don't fix what isn't broken. Sometimes you get a junk part that dies in a few years. Sometimes you get a good part that keeps on going and going. You might be ok for many years.

If you do wrench on it, let the WD soak for a long time, and use a lot. Get the right wrenches with sufficient leverage. Line them up properly to get good mechanical advantage as you hold and move. If you are simply replacing bad parts, you can always cut away the hose and do what you have to do to get the old fitting off.

I had one that was very hard to get loose. I unscrewed the support bracket and used a pipe wrench on one side and a 10 inch crescent on the other.

Yah, just charge the line and spray the hose and fittings with soapy water. If you don't see any bubbles, it isn't leaking. I have had 20+ year old hoses on some of my rehabs and they were still solid.

Back