Weber spirit 310 bottom panel rusting out

ShawnStoltz

Hi,
I have a spirit e310 and the bottom panel is rusting out. The part, #91370, is discontinued. Any ideas what I can do to build a new bottom panel?

Thank you!

Hi,
I have a spirit e310 and the bottom panel is rusting out. The part, #91370, is discontinued. Any ideas what I can do to build a new bottom panel?

Thank you!
Lots of ideas shown here. Do a bit of research and you will see people making them from wood, composite decking and new sheet metal. Depends on your skill levels and what you really want to achieve for looks and performance

Your other option is to remove the bottom, sides, back and doors and make it into an open cart grill. similar to this Genesis. This one has composite for the bottom panel. It was a cabinet grill like yours prior.

Attachments

• 20210816 Silver B Black Head (1).JPG
    20210816 Silver B Black Head (1).JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 28
Your E-310 is a enclosed cabinet model and not quite as easy to do as an open cart would be. A composite floor would still be possible to fab, though.

Depe
Hi,

Thank you!
Depending upon how much you’d want to invest, you could take it to a place that does sandblasting. They can either blast it, treat the rust, prime and paint it or manufacture a new floor using yours as a template. The results are usually pretty darned amazing and for a cost of probably close to what you’d pay for a brand new bottom panel.

Back