Weber spirit 2

I much prefer the older Genesis grills, but at that price and condition, if you want something you can cook on tonight, that is a good deal. It looks like it was used just a few times.

I much prefer the older Genesis grills, but at that price and condition, if you want something you can cook on tonight, that is a good deal. It looks like it was used just a few times.
Yeah she said she just bought it end of last year probably barely used it.

I see the old school genesis seems to be the following around here, I’m a charcoal and WSM guy just want a gas grill for certain things and don’t need a big one.

Also I can’t bring my buy a grill where they use up the side table with the knobs, has to be the stupidest idea I have ever seen lol.

It may have some functionality, but they could of figured a better way.

Yep, they did find a "better" way. They moved the knobs to the front and likewise changed the burners to N/S in the process. The problem with that won't bother all that many grill buyers, but it it will bother most of the purists. They E/W burners are longer burners and provide more even heating throughout the cook box. But most importantly, they are infinitely better for rotisserie cooking.

Yep, they did find a "better" way. They moved the knobs to the front and likewise changed the burners to N/S in the process. The problem with that won't bother all that many grill buyers, but it it will bother most of the purists. They E/W burners are longer burners and provide more even heating throughout the cook box. But most importantly, they are infinitely better for rotisserie cooking.
I would never rotisserie on a gas grill, I have real BBQ‘s for stuff like that 😜

Yeah she said she just bought it end of last year probably barely used it.

I see the old school genesis seems to be the following around here, I’m a charcoal and WSM guy just want a gas grill for certain things and don’t need a big one.

Also I can’t bring my buy a grill where they use up the side table with the knobs, has to be the stupidest idea I have ever seen lol.

It may have some functionality, but they could of figured a better way.
Funny - They major reason I flip the old grills and own a Q320 is the tables. I want my table on the right side, next to the fire box. I understand that E/W is is much better than N/S but I want my table there. I have often played with the idea of getting an old grill and trying to come up with a way to keep the E/W burners and move the valves to a front panel just below where they are now. For me that would be ideal!

Joe, what about a Silver/Gold B with right side table instead of the side burner and also one with the right side flip up table. That is tons of right side shelf space.

20210330 Genesis Gold C - SS (4).JPGe.

Joe, what about a Silver/Gold B with right side table instead of the side burner and also one with the right side flip up table. That is tons of right side shelf space.

View attachment 25943e.
I am holding out for a Platinum with the doors and SS frame in good shape. That could temp me away from my Q320. The other thing with side controls is how much real estate these take up. My Q is stored with the shelves down and fits really nicely on my small screened in porch.

Nothing like insulting most of the people on this forum HA!
I literally went about a whole year without using my built in BBQ galore turbo, I recently demolished my built in island that was pretty old and threw it all away even though the grill was still working.

I’ve been using Weber kettles and WSM exclusively, some Damn good bbq has come off of them that could never be done on a gasser.

But once in a while I would like to have a small 2 burner for burgers or chicken breasts without having to mess with charcoal

Thanks everyone for the input was not trying to insult anyone

I literally went about a whole year without using my built in BBQ galore turbo, I recently demolished my built in island that was pretty old and threw it all away even though the grill was still working.

I’ve been using Weber kettles and WSM exclusively, some Damn good bbq has come off of them that could never be done on a gasser.

But once in a while I would like to have a small 2 burner for burgers or chicken breasts without having to mess with charcoal

Thanks everyone for the input was not trying to insult anyone
You DO NOT EVER throw away a perfectly working grill. You offer it up on FB, ND, CL! BAD BAD BAD!

You DO NOT EVER throw away a perfectly working grill. You offer it up on FB, ND, CL! BAD BAD BAD!
It was a built in... had some light rust inside and had to take it apart in pieces. It had huge stainless burners etc.

Yeah I probably could of sold it for $100 but was not in the mood to deal with it at the time

It was a built in... had some light rust inside and had to take it apart in pieces. It had huge stainless burners etc.

Yeah I probably could of sold it for $100 but was not in the mood to deal with it at the time
Offer it up for FREE. Better than the dump. Waste not want not. One man's trash.....

Back