Weber Rotisserie ? for the Kettle

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
I just received the Weber Rotisserie for the kettle and love it, but have a few questions.

1. It came with a two sets of nuts and bolts. What are these for?

2. How do you set up the forks? Do you put them both on the same side or does it depend on where you can get the most bite?

No directions included...or would that be cheating
icon_rolleyes.gif

I read the directions and it doesn't say anything about the nuts and bolts unless I missed it. The directions did say to put the forks on the same side, but was wondering if this was necessary as it seems it will depend on the cut of meat on where you can get the best bite.

nuts and bolts are to bolt the bracket to the ring. take the rod with handle in hand, install one set of forks on the rod with the points facing away from the handle. then you install the meat on the rod. then you install the other set of forks onto the rod with the points facing the handle and the meat. now install on the ring and center the meat and balance the unit. the weight goes on the end of the handle, the end piece with the ring unscrews. you move the weight in and out to adjust to the best balance you can get. there is a learning curve on how to install the meat to get the best balance first that way. it will come to you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob:
I have been looking at them for my kettle, why do they cost as much as the grill??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are a low volume item for Weber and cost more to produce as such. Keep checking your local Craig's List for used ones. I have found new unused ones on there for $50.

I bought a kettle with the rotisserie ring and a new never out of the box rotisserie for $16. Keep looking.

You folks out west get all kinds of Weber deals on CL....must be nice. I rarely see Weber items on CL in my area, and when I do, the deals are usually not that great.

Back