Weber Remote Probe

George Roth

TVWBB Member
I just received my new Smoky Mountain and I also ordered the Weber Remote Probe with it. Any comments/suggestions regarding this probe. It will be coming out of the package this weekend for our first smoke.

Thanks in advance.

W.B.

I have one. It's downfall is the preset temps. You select a meat then your degree of doneness for the alarm. I use it and if I need a higher temp than the probe goes I turn it off then turn it on to check the temp. That avoids the constant alarming. The benefit to it is it has never lost connection like my Maverick.

Mike

Hi Wisconsin Buckeye, and welcome to the bulletin board!

One small point...We use real names here on the bulletin board. Please read this topic about display name.

If you have any questions or concerns, please click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page and send me an e-mail.

Thanks for your attention to this matter,
Chris

Ive got a weber probe, ET 73 and a complete nu-temp setup. I love the weber probe, keep in mind the temps they tell you to cook too are really high, you cook a steak to 135 (weber says rare) you will hardly have any pink in there(rare is like 120). Also dont cook a bird to 180 like it says, cook it to 160. Take the cooking temps they provide with a grain of salt and all will be good. The probe works really well.

Just fired up my new WSM with a boned leg of lamb using a modified Minion method. I have the probe in and will see how this turns out. Lots of basketball today while I watch the temps. Had to shovel snow away next to the porch steps to set up.

George

I saw those at target. I bought one from radio shack RS brand name that looks just like the weber. All but the weber markings on it that is.

Anyhow I hope you have better luck with it than I had with the radio shack model. The first one wouldn't send recieve temp. The second worked for about 2 hours. The only good experience out of the whole deal is it was clearanced for less than $10 and that is all I lost on the deal.

Remind me again why I haven't bought anything from Radio Shack in over 20 years. Oh, wait-- you just did...

Back