Weber q220 electronic ignition

J.Munoz

I have a Weber q220 and I just bought an electronic igniter but I cant seem to make it fit. Do all weber q's have the ability to upgrade from a piezo igniter to an electronic or not all. I have watched videos online and they make it very easy to snap in the igniter but I tried and tried and it seems like I am forcing it and it still does not snap in

Hi J, can you take a picture of the new ignition part you are trying to insert and the opening you are trying to insert it into please?

I suspect one is a snap in and the other is held in with a plastic nut and threads

I actually went to Ace hardware and removed the electronic ignition from a display weber 2200 and realized my insert is very different from the one I have.

Attachments

• AE2AD49B-9774-4756-A082-47F10FD0ABF3.png
    AE2AD49B-9774-4756-A082-47F10FD0ABF3.png
    669.6 KB · Views: 7
Here is the current insert from the weber q2200 floor model at ace hardware. It’s very different from my insert. I’m starting to believe my insert is only capable of a standard piezo igniter

Attachments

• D2F49904-136E-4305-9ECF-EFBD79610D93.jpeg
    D2F49904-136E-4305-9ECF-EFBD79610D93.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi J, the good news is the piezoelectric ignition is less money and maintenance.

It looks like you don’t have a spot for the electronic ignition module without some modification.

Others may chime in but it looks like you can go from electronic to piezo but not the other way around

I have swapped a couple Q grills from electronic to Piezo ignitions. Cheaper, less hassle and much more reliable.

The two tabs and two of the notches match up on both. Looks like you might be able to file two extra notches to match the 2022 year and be good to go. Pictures are not reality so only you can decide if it might work.

Back