Weber Q jiggle

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
As I’ve mentioned I’m not happy with the cart. Reviews were good but it’s just not stable.
Last night we had 50+ mile an hour winds and had this been set up it would’ve been in the ground. Fortunately the Q was safely stowed in the garage.
Knowing where and how we camp I’m not even sure I will use the stand camping. One little bump and it’s be on the ground.

I agree it is not the most sturdy, but 50 mph winds might give a regular grill a go for the money. I think you probably have one of the newer grills that have a slightly different base, otherwise, I was going to suggest trying one of the old style fold up carts.
When using yours, I suggest you situate it so that there is something behind it. Not only that prevent someone from bumping it from behind, but if it is bumped from the front, it has a back stop. Side to side should not be a big issue.

I agree it is not the most sturdy, but 50 mph winds might give a regular grill a go for the money. I think you probably have one of the newer grills that have a slightly different base, otherwise, I was going to suggest trying one of the old style fold up carts.
When using yours, I suggest you situate it so that there is something behind it. Not only that prevent someone from bumping it from behind, but if it is bumped from the front, it has a back stop. Side to side should not be a big issue.
Very true that at 50mph winds would knock over many grills.

I’ve owned multiple grills and I really like the Q1200. But I’m really dissatisfied with the stand. Especially how it’s all marketed at its price point.

The stand really fails based on what I’ve purchased in the past. Around 2004 I bought a Coleman travel and go that lasted 10 years. The stand was rock solid.

There should be no reason for needing to brace it against something to make it stable. The product should be able to the job. A slight bump will knock this over on a level surface with the Iliad closed. I like Weber but this stand is jot up to par.

Picnic tables usually work fairly well.... and you don't have to drag the stand around with you.

Picnic tables usually work fairly well.... and you don't have to drag the stand around with you.
Where we camp there are no picnic tables, unless we pack one!

50094458592_60ee81737d_c.jpg

Looks like all you need is a saw and a bunch of nails and you can have all the grill stands you could ever want. Maybe even a couple picnic tables if you feel energetic.

bench.jpg

t0sG1c6.jpg

Looks like all you need is a saw and a bunch of nails and you can have all the grill stands you could ever want. Maybe even a couple picnic tables if you feel energetic.

View attachment 21520

t0sG1c6.jpg
We have been known to make camp improvements in the past. We quit doing it though as the population has out grown the area. Others camp it up or destroy it.

We've been looking for a recreation property to buy and camp on so we can make some improvements. We just haven't found the perfect one yet. Once we do we'll have a picnic table, lol!

When I worked in Hawaii one of my projects was to build s trellis out of Ohia trees. I had log scarfing skills and I knew how to sharpen chains, blades and drill bits. Ohia is super tough wood. I went through every chainsaw chain, and 2" drill bits on the island. Sharpened to the point there was nothing left to sharpen!

This is one of the 15 uprights. The post is actually two trees scribed around a 6"x6" high strength steel post made to look like one. You can see the metal post in the two lower photos. In the middle photo I have one of the uprights set to scribe for the seat cut. Notice the tarp? It was over 100°f almost every day on the driveway. I felt really bad for the roofers that were installing the copper roof on the house. It was over 120°f on the roof.

I could get one to two uprights cut per day. The top log is set into a knife plate on the top of the steel post. Which we'd shim and then bolt through. Then scribe one of the post logs to that, then scribe the second post log to the other post log and the upper log. Then that all gets bolted through the post and holes plugged and filled. Lots of up and down. In the bottom photo right hand side you can see my buck brace. For most of the cutting the log would be placed in there. Each log weighs several hundred pounds.

These were all 12"-14" The first layer of cross beams were 8" diameter and the second layer 4" diameter. Its all guest parking for the owners closest guests.

One more fun thing about Ohia is the heart wood is red. When you cut it and it gets wet it stains everything red. Skin, clothes, concrete. I had one pair of work clothes that I only used for Ohia days!

3877256673_5b09d937f3_c.jpg

3878165606_bb27bbe201_c.jpg

3878050986_0ffe769494_c.jpg

Back