Weber Platinum II

Gary S Smith

TVWBB Fan
Does anyone have a platinum II grill. I have two Platinum I grills and my boys bought a Platinum II from Craigs List. It was in OK shape except for the side burner which appeared to have had a truck dropped on it. The welds which held it onto the frame were broken and the PO had tried to fix it with some 90 degree metal straps.(didn't work as the burner drooped about 30 degrees. I took the parts which were all still there to a welding shop and they fixed it up first class. So now I am thinking that since my boys have decided that charcoal is best that If I want it I can have it.
Can"t find anything on the web about them. The cook box is the same as the genesis 1000 to 5000 but has a much more robust frame and the left side table is Porcelain with a painted frame around it.. It has a side burner which is finished in the same motif as the side table. The burner appears to be 3 or 4 times as large as my platinum I.

Hope some of you guys have one that I could see to decide if I want to rebuild this one or just let the boys keep it to rot in their back yard.

Here you go Pictures of Christmas Lunch and then bad pictures of the Platinum II

HPIM0150800x600.jpg

HPIM0151800x600.jpg

HPIM0164800x600.jpg

HPIM0159800x600.jpg

HPIM0156800x600.jpg

HPIM0154800x600.jpg

These were taken tonight so forgive the bad photography.
I think this grill is a good candidate to restore to its former glory

What say you all!

I'm on my 3rd Genesis. I had an original Genesis 3 when they first came out. Had wood tables and a side burner, but I didn't use the burner for much. Occasionally did blacked fish in it. Heat up the weewee out of my cast iron skillet, and then throw in the seasoned filet. Kept the smell and smoke outside. But now I just use a cast iron griddle plate. The original side burner seemed underpowered for cooking and if you turned it down for sauces, it would blow out easily.

My next two were Genesis grills without the side burner. My latest has the stainless cabinet and lid.

Each one got rebuilt until that wouldn't work any more; on average about 10 years. I think these are wonderful grills.

I'd say that's a good candidate to restore - lots of work area. Big frame. We never see those up here.

That was one serious looking lunch as well. Good job.

Gary,
That is a nice grill. I would definetly restore it. I have never seen one of those. I can't wait to see it cleaned up.

Wayne

I would restore it...the big frame, large side table, big side burner. IT's A KEEPER!!

Take an SOS pad to the porcelain lid and frame, paint the cook box and that's one fine grill!

They - Weber - don't make em' like that anyomore!!

Back