Weber "Performer" Project - Modded OTG with Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Purnell

TVWBB Pro
Well, I finally finished my "I wish I had a Performer" project. Picked up a knock off charcoal grill and took out the original cheap/thin bowl and replaced it with a Weber 22.5" OTG.

Total cost = $90 (Weber OTG = $25, Master Chef Charcoal Grill with Gas Assist = $50, bi-metal hole saw bit = $15). The rest of the parts for this mod were taken from original crap grill and placed on the Weber.

Tough to find a used Performer in my region so this will have to do.....wife would kill me if I spent $350+ on a new one!

Here is the finished product:
img2859g.jpg

Side table folds down:
img2860t.jpg

Weber bowl mounted to cart:
img2877b.jpg

Installed lid thermometer:
img2862n.jpg

Gas Assist:
img2863kc.jpg

Gas assist using hole saw:
img2865za.jpg

Cast Iron Grate (had this prior too but thought I would show it off
icon_smile.gif
)
img2864m.jpg

Middle section comes out, similar to new Weber Gourmet System:
img2866l.jpg

Middle section can be used on Smokey Joe on top of original cooking grate:
img2867q.jpg

That's the coolest little project. I love stuff like that. Frugal and creative.

So do you just put the lid on the ground?

Yeah, you can hang the lid on the hook on the right side table (I use it for utensils though). I prefer hanging it on the bowl like I normally would with other kettles. You can see it hanging from the bowl in the 1st pic of the cast iron grate.

I'm the worst handyman in the world so I'm pretty proud of my project
icon_smile.gif

Terry, the cast iron grate just had a plastic wrap on it. Didn't have any manufacturers markings on the package. I did see them looking to order more stock from their GrillPro catalog. I did a search online and couldn't find anything. I'm going to the store on Sunday so I will inquire then for more info and a potential US supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back