Weber performer colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M. Chesney

TVWBB Fan
It seems to me that weber is shifting all of their colors to black. It has been hard for me to find other than black colors which are usually found by on line shopping. I would much rather and go to the store to purchase. I'm looking for the red version, although I think it is more darker than the traditional reds they produced years ago. Does anyone know which popular hardware store carries them or is it just limited to on line purchases?

Your local Ace should be able to order just about anything out of the catalog and have it in the store right quick for your pickup. That's where I got my red, they even had it in stock. Or go get this performer somewhere in the western burbs.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Tim,

Thanks, called my local store and sure enough luck would have it that a weber delivery truck arrived yesterday and they have a red one on reserve for me which I'll pick up today. Thanks for the assist.

yeah...that Performer is nice.
On a side note...I see in the other link that the Smokey Joe is made in the same color, but not sold here in the US...just in Europe. So why would Weber offer this color in the Performer and Platinum, but not in the Smokey here? Makes me wonder what their logic is with the "powers that be" at Weber.

It is a nice red for sure, I saw it in person at Ace this weekend... it was called "brick red". I would buy a smokey in this color in a heartbeat if it were offered here.

The one I saw at a local hardware store appeared to have a lot more brown in it than I see in that picture. Not sure if it's a good picture or the light in the store I was at.

I bought my Performer about 3 yrs ago now and the kettle is what they call a SAGE GREEN which is a bit like the green colour inside an avacado

WowthisthingisHOT.jpg

Not a great picture but it'll give you an idea of the colour.
I think it blends in well with the Trees.

Cheers

Davo

Originally posted by Davo:
WowthisthingisHOT.jpg

...I think it blends in well with the Trees.
Davo - I completely agree! I LOVE the "soft" green color; very "pastel-ish" indeed...

Barret

This is why I suggested we start documenting every color we have ever seen somwhere here. It would help new members and ourselves in identifying a specific color old and new.

By the way, all of those colors are very sweet.

While I have been looking at other countries Weber sites I noticed that Brick Red is no longer listed as a color option in the USA. Is this a one year only color?

Originally posted by Shaun R:
This is why I suggested we start documenting every color we have ever seen somwhere here. It would help new members and ourselves in identifying a specific color old and new.

By the way, all of those colors are very sweet.

OK. Here's mine. It looks black in the picture but it's actually a darker green. Looks nice when it's clean.

imageqcq.jpg

By hogsfan at 2011-01-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back