Weber Limited

It looks like a Genesis Silver C with the hood end caps having come from a Platinum of that era. I am guessing maybe a special edition for certain retailers. I have never seen this badge or combination before.

Yah, I am continually amazed at some of the variations that continue to pop up. I would love to learn more about that grill. And it would be cool to have that badge.

My guess it is a later 2004-2005 grill. Not sure if it would be a Silver/Gold/Platinum or some other designation though. Probably Gold Limited or something like that.

Other than the badge and maybe lid, I really don't see anything else unique about that grill. I wonder if the lid isn't from another grill.

Seeing the whole thing, I am even more convinced it is an early 2000s Genesis Silver C with a special edition package where they put a Platiinum hood from that time period on it. You get the fancier hood and stainless handle, but you don't get the beefier 1st generation Summit frame the Platinum had.

Maybe so Jon. I can't really find anything on google about it though and has anyone ever seen that badge before.

I'm no authority but I think the squared up tables and gray end caps put it at around 2000 - 2003. The external burner looks different from the one on my 2005 Silver C with it's own igniter and also seems to sit more on top of the frame rather than sitting in it. Could it be an early forerunner to the Gold series? The Golds had the ss lid with a plain steel frame. The other guess would be perhaps a special edition for someone like Costco or Sam's Club.

EDIT: Just noticed it's not a ss lid but porcelain enamel like the later Silvers. I think it belongs in Jon's Museum.

Last edited:
Yah, you guys are right. I was going with the rounded lid, but that was introduced earlier than 2004-2005 on special grills.

And what I think was a 2002 Silver C.

View attachment 47018
I see the burner sits on top of the frame in your picture and I can't tell if it has its own igniter, so there may not be anything unusual with the burner. I replaced my burner with a table and the pictures are on the computer in the other room so I'm going from memory which might be a mistake at my age...

Maybe weber had a bunch of 2002ish vintage trim as they were changing to the newer style side tables. Add a new style hood. Badge it a little different, offer a one time run and clear out some inventory. Who knows. It would be cool to see the SN date code.

Back