Weber jumbo joe stuck bottom vent

Daniel Turner

So i bought a jumbo joe recently and have a few cooks under its belt already but I tried wings last night and I sauced them on the grill like I usually do on my 22” But the sugar in the sauce has locked the bottom vent down. My 22 self cleaning vents gets stuck sometimes but with a little heat at beginning of cook and they free up. This one locked down tight mid cook. Stuck so bad the tab bends. Any body experience this ? What’s a good magic trick to free it up ? Thanks

I think I would try hot, hot water. Maybe take it to the car wash. Wings can be pretty messy so I always use foil to catch the drips.
Welcome to the forum, hope this helps.

^^^ Yea, maybe soak it in a tub or garbage can with some Simple Green and hot water.

My Keg would often get stuck vents, and the propane torch always worked like a charm to free them up.

If those recommendations don't work, try spraying the stuck vents really well with oven cleaner...let it sit overnight and see if that does the trick.

I have a jumbo with the same problem, I need to take it apart and clean it, I purchased some oven cleaner (easy off bbq edition?) it will de-gunk those vent areas. I rinse off with really hot water...

Back