Weber Identification - Lime Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee's playing golf right now...

This is my favorite grill cleaner:

306424.jpg

Stick it right in the coals to clean it.

Brush

Beautiful Mike, thanks for the information, look forward to putting my new acquisition through it's paces as well as educating myself with help from you guys! Hey, my Bro mentioned BBQ paint - where can I find it?

How do ya remove the legs w/o removing the wheels? Seems the wheels are the keystone to the whole assembly.

edit: He just told me he removed the wheels.

fine, but its put together with the wheels/axle installed. just some light tapping on the axle and the legs come right out. look at the owners manual.

Looks like you have a diamond-in-the-rough!

RE: ASH CATCHER
For an old kettle, see if you can still get the old-type ash catcher. (See previous post about "classic" brownie). Or, maybe you can form a new one and have someone make a pattern from one of their old ones? Old ash catchers were a "dished" piece of flat aluminum, with hook-shaped notches in 3 places. To remove, you would lift and rotate, which would disengage the notches from the legs. Only problem was they would sometimes get knocked-loose and/or rattle-around in the wind.

RE: CLEAN-OUT
In the old days, you really did not need to fully clean-out the charcoal dust after every cook. We would do it about every 3 cooks. However, new K seems to produce more ash/dust. In between, when the grill was cool, we would just poke-out a lot of the dust with a stick/dowel in each hole - the dust would fall into the pan.

For full clean-out, we would:

1. Klunk the charcoal grate around, to knock the loose stuff / small pieces through.

2. Remove the charcoal grate

3. With an empty ash-catcher, open the bottom vents open 100%, use a plastic garden trowel (hand shovel) to stir the ashes around, forcing the stuff through the vent holes and into the charcoal bowl.

4. Carefully remove and dump the ash-catcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back