Weber Handles mod. Why not? (photos)

Originally posted by Don Irish:
Question? Can you still get the cover on? I seriously doubt that I could get mine on. Mine is a real PITA as it is BARELY big enough to get on the cooker without any added width. Is this common or do I have a defective cover?
Mine is a very tight fit too. I have an extra kettle cover that I use on my WSM. It is much wider and just long enough to go over the lip of the charcoal bowl

Thanks for the idea Dave, I'll pick up a kettle cover. Putting on my WSM cover is as bad as a Trojan which is why I don't like to use either
icon_wink.gif

Don,

Order it from Amazon now while it's only $7.88. I think I paid $20 when I ordered it from them. Kinda silly considering I bought it to protect a $10 OTS.

Originally posted by Don Irish:
Question? Can you still get the cover on? I seriously doubt that I could get mine on. Mine is a real PITA as it is BARELY big enough to get on the cooker without any added width. Is this common or do I have a defective cover?

I can still get mine on, but it's snug.
icon_razz.gif

I have not read every reply in this thread so please forgive me if my question has been asked and answered but what is the purpose of having the door upside down?
Thanks

but what is the purpose of having the door upside down?

You can prop the door open to let in more air, thus bringing the temps up higher when needed. Also, some find you get a better seal fitting it this way.

Yesterday I received a set of ProQ handles direct from the UK. These are a perfect solution for handles on the WSM. The mounting bracket is curved and the handles hang down straight. The WSM cover slips right on with no problem.

For those who might be concerned about the metal handle being in contact with the WSM's hot sides, a small heat-resistant bushing solves that problem. Just slip it over the center of the handle where it comes in contact with the WSM.

Perfect handles for the WSM.

Back