Weber Genesis Silver C - $50 deal?

It may be easier to leave the firebox inside the frame and detach the upper frame from the legs. The legs come of easy. To remove the firebox you have to remove control panel and burners.
But before you do all that you may want to check if you an fit the grill inside the car by just removing the lid.

Good luck picking it up, Bill.

I usually need help to lift grills into my Ram, but I am happy I have it and don't have to take them apart to fit them inside.
I am considering getting myself a set of ramps to be able to roll them up into the truck bed by myself.
Depends on how crazy I really go with this whole grill thing.

Last edited:
We have an old beaten but reliable Sienna minivan. At one point I was able to fit 2 x Silver B and 1 x Silver C inside with only the lids taken off.

Thanks for the tips, Stefan. I'll try that.

I usually need help to lift grills into my Ram, but I am happy I have it and don't have to take them apart to fit them inside.

I do have a trailer but the problem is that the registration has expired for a few years. Worse, the license plate has disappeared. Since the registration expires Nov, I plan to renew it then and get a new plate. Won't do me any good today.

When I got the S-320 a few weeks ago, I rented the truck from Home Depot. It worked out well. $20 for 75 minutes of usage plus $6 for gas. The grill was very heavy. When I got it home, I had to back the truck to my stepped retaining wall so my wife could help me unload the grill by walking out instead of trying to lift it up and off. The truck did not have ramps or lift gates.

If you pick it up, I'd like to see the model number. It might be a Genesis Gold that had the stainless lid replaced under warranty.

Good call. Could be wrong, but didn't the Silver C only come with a left hand flip up shelf, whereas the Gold C had both ?

Both of you are the winners for correctly identifying the model. Based on the serial number, it is a Gold C.

The frame is mostly in good shape. On the left side, there is rust through in the middle of the upper frame next to the firebox. Think of the four sides of the tube. The hole is about 2” such there is only one side intact. Everything else was in great shape. So I got it for $30.

The owner got a new grill from his wife for Father Day which has been sitting in his garage until today.

I had to undo four bolts in the middle to separate the upper part of the frame from the lower half in order to fit into m6 wife’s car. I’ll post a picture of the rust later.

I have a very small hatchback and have got two grill's home by only removing the lid. One of them was a longer frame 1000,5000 that has the extra table to the right of the controls. I'm surprised you had to remove more than that to make it fit.

Unfortunately the CRV needs two more inches of height to make it fit. I tried. Separating the two frames wasn’t too bad.

I finally got a picture to post using my phone. I thought this CRV had more cargo room than I do

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?74871-It-s-raining-Skylines!&p=829493#post829493

Very clever to put it on the side. I didn’t think of this. I was trying to keep it vertical.

Here is a picture of the frame damage:
D4_BFEA8_C_9_B00_4_C82_9396_60_B7_C0_D12_B48.jpg

That picture was not a CRV. IT was a Cross Tour. I think it came out in response to Toyota's Venza

Thanks for the tips, Stefan. I'll try that.

I do have a trailer but the problem is that the registration has expired for a few years. Worse, the license plate has disappeared. Since the registration expires Nov, I plan to renew it then and get a new plate. Won't do me any good today.

When I got the S-320 a few weeks ago, I rented the truck from Home Depot. It worked out well. $20 for 75 minutes of usage plus $6 for gas. The grill was very heavy. When I got it home, I had to back the truck to my stepped retaining wall so my wife could help me unload the grill by walking out instead of trying to lift it up and off. The truck did not have ramps or lift gates.

The good news for you about not having a truck is that no one asks you to help them move - ask me what I did both days last weekend and am doing tomorrow? Helping family members move!

Silver A in the trunk of my Fusion. It would have fit in the back of my wife's SUV but then I would have had to ask for permission.

The good news for you about not having a truck is that no one asks you to help them move - ask me what I did both days last weekend and am doing tomorrow? Helping family members move!

LOL, so true.

Silver A in the trunk of my Fusion. It would have fit in the back of my wife's SUV but then I would have had to ask for permission.

Clever! Good job. I'll have to be more creative next time I need to move a grill.

Back