Weber Genesis 1000 Redhead for sale

JayG

I've got a Weber Genesis 1000 Redhead for sale. It’s had upgrades: stainless steel flavorizer bars and cast iron grill grates. It’s always been stored in the garage and is in good shape except for the frame which rusted (somehow) and developed a serious “drunken lean”. The frame may be fixable but not by me (and maybe not by you). The grill is broken into the various parts I had to remove to get to the frame. Before I took it apart everything, including the igniter worked just fine. Oh, and three burners which all worked just fine.
I figure with the SS flavorizer bars and cast iron grill grates $50.00 is a fair price. I figure that’s reasonable for me put up with people who don’t show up, ruining other plans I might have and the annoying pople who agree to the selling price and then arrive waving half the agreed amount in my face as if I'm supposed to be hypnotized by “real cash money”.
If anyone has questions or comments let me know I'll do my best to address them. In any case this will be gone by trash day next week (the sanitation company will never see this, the scrapper who patrols the curbside will beat them to it). I'd really rather have it go to a good home.
So if you can handle a refurb job give this a thought, and again, except for the frame, it’s in very good shape, I've been the only owner and if Weber still made the frame I'd be keeping it.
My smoker arrives next week and I need to make room.

Oops forgot, I live in Toledo near the MI state line.

Please let me know if you would consider parting it out as well instead of possibly junking it. I could use the knobs and maybe the manifold, plus maybe the side bracket that holds up the side table. Thanks!

No, I don't want to spend the time that would entail. I need to clear this out by next week.
For people into that sort of thing I don't see how they could lose money; the SS flavorizer bars and cast iron grates must be worth nearly that much by themselves.

Back