Weber Genesis 1000 Propane Tank holder

J Rip

Anyone have and willing to sell me the piece of the cart that the propane tank scale attaches to, which you can hang the propane tank from? Thanks

Hi J,

I think this is the piece you are looking for.

The piece of metal that fits into the RH side of the frame that holds the tank hanger / scale.

I don't believe I have an extra, but I'll check and see.

20220812_113235.jpg

You were going to convert your platinum series from Lp to Ng if I remember correctly. Did something happen to the tank scale panel from that grill? Just wondering why you need another one. The natural gas versions just didn't have that piece installed on them.

Good question! I found an NG platinum series on Craig’s list for $50, restored it, and gave my LP restored Platinum Genesis to my mother in law who was in desperate need of a new grill. So, that resolved all my grilling needs.

I’ve subsequently been on the lookout for a backup NG manifold on the local Craig’s list, in case the manifold eventually fails on the NG platinum I picked up (I rebuilt/cleaned that manifold’s valves but the manifold tube has a decent amount of rust). I was driving home yesterday and saw this bad boy for free on the curb (an NG red head 1100 Genesis). I’ve always wanted a red head, so am going to restore it, keep it (along with the backup manifold), and convert my Platinum back to LP and give it to my brother in law (who is also in need of a grill and loves the look of mine). The only thing stopping me from giving him a complete LP grill is the propane holder, which again is now with my mother in law.

Probably a much longer answer than you bargained for, but there ya go.

Attachments

• CF13680A-1D35-4E6B-A745-47977E876AC7.jpeg
    CF13680A-1D35-4E6B-A745-47977E876AC7.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 4
Good answer, I think I got it. As far as the rust on the manifold goes, it's pretty quick work to clean it up with a wire wheel in a drill or grinder and repaint it. It will look really nice and you'll keep the rust from getting any worse, just tape off the valves before you paint.

Back