Weber Fire pit

Ralph

TVWBB Fan
So I have a line on a 27000 Fire pit. Any idea as to how heavy/ can it be broken down to transport in a CRV? I've picked up old grills with side burners by myself, but I'm not too familiar with how the fire pit goes together/ comes apart. Thans

So I have a line on a 27000 Fire pit. Any idea as to how heavy/ can it be broken down to transport in a CRV? I've picked up old grills with side burners by myself, but I'm not too familiar with how the fire pit goes together/ comes apart. Thans
Oh boy those things are a beast. When I bought mine from Bruce, he'd transported it on a trailer and having never seen one I was pretty surprised how big it is. It might fit in a CRV but nothing else will get in there with it. I'm sure it can be broken down, but not "easily" like a grill can. Good luck. You'll like it a lot once you have it. But it'll be a struggle

Breaking it down will take some time, but yes, you can break it down. I am going to say it will fit in a CRV, especially if you tip it on its side. You will want to bring a tote or two with. One for the lava rocks and ceramic logs and maybe one for the shroud .

I moved a couple Flames in a larger Honda Pilot so it might just fit in your CRV. If not, remove the gray top deflector and you may have to remove the four vertical upright supports. It's an easy job with just a couple screws holding it together.

Bunch of screws and nuts that hold the uprights and top braces together(and the rear wall). I think they are 7/16 but bring other sizes. A ratchet is helpful because you are working inside the A frame, not outside. Then it will be fairly flat. It still took two of us to lift the base assy into my Prius but it fit right in. That thing is not light. I dismantled it on the back of a guy's trailer under an overpass - during a huge rainstorm.

Careful with the top cap - very fragile and easy to chip. A little squeeze from the sides and it should lift off the A frame.

Back