Weber Family Portraits

Thanks Jim, I am proud. I will be more proud when taking the good eats off of it later!

BTW, I need to fire the maid. She forgot to dust the stainless top before the shot.

Originally posted by Timothy Hoffman:
I finally finished my CL restore from April.
It is now a 1998/2010 SS Performer.
New parts include,
all new stainless steel hardware,
all 4 wheels, the ash catcher and sweeper,
and ofcourse the bowl and lid.
The frame was disassembled, sanded and painted with Rustolium 1200deg semi-gloss. I was going to use Appliance Epoxy but did not like how it was going on. Now to get this girl dirty!
Wow Tim, that 1998 Performer looks nicer than my never been used 1999 Performer! Very nice job!

OK, I broke down and took my family portrait the other day. I hope this link works:

DSC02707.JPG

jealous of the grey webers, now I want one. I need a red and a grey now. I have black, blue, brown and green already.

Here's my deck two years ago...

Just replace the black OTS with a green mastertouch in your mind.
26418_116254198400511_100000477949482_220287_177510_n.jpg

Also, check out the cabinet and WSM stand

Originally posted by Sheldon Koehler:
OK, I broke down and took my family portrait the other day. I hope this link works:

DSC02707.JPG

I see you have a barrel smoker and a WSM. What do you like about each? And why do you have two smokers?

I am quite impressed with everyone's "family" here. I assume the reason so many of you have more than one kettle is because you can? Or do you actually fire up multiple of them at the same time?

I only have one 22.5 OTS and a gas grill. I would like to get a smoker, but cannot make up my mind which one to get. The barrel smokers with the off set firebox seem more, shall we say, budget friendly, then the WSMs. Then I have friends that ensure me only a big green egg will do. Talk about heavy on the wallet. With this being a Weber board I assume the WSM is the preferred choice, but I would like to hear some reasons why you guys feel it blows the competition away.

Keep the fire burning...

Joerg

Joerg,

The "barrel" smoker was my first purchase a few years ago. I actually wish it was bigger as I wanted to use logs and the firebox is too short. I have to cut everything short to fit wood. It is also not was efficient as my new WSM. I can use almost half the amount of charcoal for the same smoke. The WSM is now my main smoker. As for the rest, the kettle is my main grill for most meals. The Genesis Gass is the one that use to get the most use as it is easy to get going quickly. The Q lives in the RV. For the 4th tomorrow, I will be using the WSM, Kettle and Gasser pretty mush at the same time.

Just want to add this to the family pictures. This is the lake family that Pat Smith and I share custody of
icon_biggrin.gif

SSPX0544.jpg

Thanks Pat. I will make sure they are taken care of well.

Back