Weber Family Portraits

I just gotta say; what a very fun thread this is to peruse through... with all these wonderful, colorful Webers!!! Now,,,,, I want to get some more!!!! Lol! Love the various colors, & serious quantities some of you folks have!

I know when I was first shopping for my Performer a couple of years ago, when I saw the Brick Red, I had to have it! Couldn't find it locally. So; I ordered it online!

Great posts & photos everyone! Merry Christmas!!!

I'll get a group shot of my 3 posted soon! :)

I've got a little bit of a weber addiction...

FQCQIdDl.jpg

6hCol6il.jpg

RTTFJSVl.jpg

8ErNEdel.jpg

My first Weber product was the 22 WSM, but my first kettle was a 2013 Green OTG. Then I purchased the 83 brownie. Then came the Lime Green SJ and the blue OTG. This was about the time the girlfriend started getting worried. ;)

Then the Red Daisy-Wheeler was purchased at an estate sale. Later I got a Plum SS Performer that I scored on Craigslist. A few weeks after that, I scored an 18 inch MBH faded black. Below is some before/after pictures of the 70's faded black 18" and my '83 Brownie 22".

BEFORE:
9RCImvjl.jpg

jWMUoJOl.jpg

AFTER:
9WV7xuhl.jpg

DaJIZSwl.jpg

IMuOwyel.jpg

CONT...

BEFORE:

EcQJDCdl.jpg

5kaJ0Bul.jpg

cxEf8Qol.jpg

AFTER:

kiyIev2l.jpg

5WjuQ9el.jpg

lOqcNhEl.jpg

During this time I've had two other SS Performers slip in and out of my possession. My Plum SS with gas I traded for a Red SS Performer with gas. They were both great grills and I definitely had both of them for too short of a time. They both cooked up some good rib-eyes for me while I had them. ;D

UzNCKXpl.jpg

ICwQt2Il.jpg

87r5Atal.jpg

I decided though that I liked the look and simplicity of the standard SS Performer and found a guy to trade for my gas SS. I even got a Go-Anywhere out of the deal too! My new SS is in even better shape and is my every-day cooker now. I even added some new wooden handles on top. 8)

RefACQOl.jpg

Today I did a small clean up of a Yellow 22" that I got off craigslist. I believe this to be a kettle from 1976. This thing was in fairly rough shape. Too many dings to really count on the lid and bowl, the top vent tab was bent off, and not to mention the bottom of the bowl has extreme crazing.

Today was just a good scrubing with some steel wool and cheapo degreaser and then I reassembled it. Here are some pics. I will try to get some coals going in it soon and I will post some of it glowing soon.

I have a more thorough rehab in store for this one, but don't have the tools or time right now. I plan on drilling out the bottom vent rivets and reattaching with bolts, as well as staining the original handle. As you can tell, this is a modern ashpan and everything. I think this will prob be a cooker, so I am not to concerned about being period correct on every little thing.

The Original CL Picture
JXaSp2Kl.jpg

Belly of the Beast.
Uyy7zTzl.jpg

What I used to help me clean up.
BrZbXETl.jpg

Scrubbed the vent to get a decent shot:
1ibFImil.jpg

She started cleaning up pretty nice and I got her all assembled and put a Slide-Aside on...
4bE609Il.jpg

LJlsd8ml.jpg

The Purdy Side
3OFDnMNl.jpg

The Oogly Side
W1z1CSXl.jpg

Freckled ***
7rmnZOTl.jpg

Ketchup and Mustard
oCH46Nkl.jpg

Thanks for Looking! ;D

I got around to firing her up today. I wanted to see the yellow turn that glowing orange I've heard about. I didn't really know what to expect. Whether it would slowly build a slight orange hue over 10 minutes as it warmed up or what. After I dumped in my chimney and sat back down in my chair, it was already a deep shade of rosy red. The pictures didn't really do it justice. It was more red than what they show.

Before the coals went in
GXLZS2rl.jpg

After
9jJCR8dl.jpg

okQZGOgl.jpg

Max; great job on rehabbing that ol' yeller! From the top damper I'm guessing that's an early 70's model. Great picture of the color change to when heated up. I hadn't seen that before.

heres my setup and my gear. i have 13 pits now. had 4 going for thanksgiving (two turkeys and two hams all separate). the four new boxes of colored kettles at the end were my Christmas presents this year blue from my wife and green from my mother, the copper one for bartending a tailgate party and I couldn't pass up the red special order from ace hardware.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

don't lift the lids....

Love the colorful collection. Crimson one looks awesome. I like the copper as well. Did you swap out the ash catcher on those grills?

Nice collection Jak.

Your collection of barbecues, related gear (fuel and beer), and the level of organization reminds me of the show Doomsday Preppers: BBQ Edition!

Curt. Yes I'm somewhat of a purist I prefer the ease of the ots ash pan and the streamline original look.

Dan. Hehe yah good one - I haven't heard that one before though I do take much ridicule (at least until people start eating).

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

Don't lift lid...

Nice collection Jak.

Your collection of barbecues, related gear (fuel and beer), and the level of organization reminds me of the show Doomsday Preppers: BBQ Edition!

The only thing that I was wanting to see added here was a picture of the deep freeze full of meat and/or the meat locker

heres my setup and my gear again (sorry for the previous post flickr error). i have 13 pits now. had 4 going for thanksgiving (two turkeys and two hams all separate). the four new boxes of colored kettles at the end were my Christmas presents this year blue from my wife and green from my mother, the copper one for bartending a tailgate party and I couldn't pass up the red special order from ace hardware. im in way too deep.

don't lift the lid...

Back