Weber Chicken

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I had a whole chicken to cook up, so I halved it and dunked it in the Weber Chicken Marinade that is my favorite (1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup veggie oil, 1tsp Oregano, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp black pepper) and let it hang out for about 3 hours. Fired up the 26" for an indirect cook, and tossed the halves on when the fire was ready. I rotated the bird end to end every 10 minutes or so. Hit 160 in the breast after about 35-40 minutes (I was two cocktails in, so the timing is a little fuzzy.) This is by far one of my most favorite, easy meals. Super juicy chicken, and a very flavorful marinade. Great stuff!

IMG_6402.jpeg

IMG_6403.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

Rich

Some of the best things are chicken bathed in a simple marinate then smoke-roasted on the grill. I love to watch Chef John's cooking videos on YouTube, then try to recreate the recipes but on the grill. The last one I did was a whole butterflied chicken marinated in molasses, Dijon mustard, granulated garlic and onion, then smoke-roasted with maple chunks. I boiled the leftover marinade and used it as a basting and finishing sauce. Super delicious, it was!

Back