Weber CEP-310 conversion to NG - heats too quickly

Very happy with the cooking performance of this converted Weber. I've been running the barbecue for 3 months since the conversion. Temperature is right where I want it.
I'm in Canada and I barbecue straight through the winter. So winter performance has yet to be proven on this conversion.

Gotta laugh here. FIRST AND FOREMOST until you know with absolutely no doubt what pressure you have in your lines you're shooting totally blind. Just because there is a regulator in front of the meter does NOT mean you have proper pressure in your lines. Remember almost every gas appliance made today has an inline regulator installed already. So even if your house pressure is incorrect the appliance regulator will bring it inline. So until you actually have knowledge of your pressure you're shooting blind. And playing with fire.

Gotta laugh here. FIRST AND FOREMOST until you know with absolutely no doubt what pressure you have in your lines you're shooting totally blind. Just because there is a regulator in front of the meter does NOT mean you have proper pressure in your lines. Remember almost every gas appliance made today has an inline regulator installed already. So even if your house pressure is incorrect the appliance regulator will bring it inline. So until you actually have knowledge of your pressure you're shooting blind. And playing with fire.
Am I playing with fire or natural gas? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

For anyone interested, a regulator fixed my issues. It seems as though a few of us here ordered OE Weber NG manifolds to safely convert a LP grill, and from what I can gather, they are designed to operate at 4.5" WC and not 7" WC. I threw my manometer on my gas meter today and got a reading of 8" WC. I used a 3/8" adjustable Maxitrol regulator in line on my NG line for my BBQ and regulated it to down to 4.5" WC. Now, low temps with all 3 burners are hovering around 385* and high temps with all 3 burners (after around 20 mins) is 575*. Much better, and much happier!

Also, a few pictures of my Weber Genesis Platinum I restored and converted to NG.

Attachments

• Gas.jpg
    Gas.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Regulator.jpg
    Regulator.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 2. Original Condition.jpg
    2. Original Condition.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 22..jpg
    22..jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 7..jpg
    7..jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 15
Jon: Can you expound on how you redid the bottom floor panel for that grill after you removed the cabinet from it?

Jon: Can you expound on how you redid the bottom floor panel for that grill after you removed the cabinet from it?
Hi Bruce, sure. Admittedly, part of my inspiration was a post you (at least I think it was you) made where you used some threaded caster inserts to fix the base of a similar era Genesis.

I used a combination of 1" aluminum square tubing from Lowes, threaded caster inserts, stainless steel brackets, stainless steel hardware and hardwood oak. I took a few pictures of the restoration, so I would be happy to make a new post later today with a lot more details/pictures so you can see exactly how I did it.

I stumbled across this message board a few months back because the need arose for a NG grill and was impressed with some of the restorations y'all are doing. I really liked/wanted an older Genesis with the wood slats, but when this Platinum popped up on my local Craigslist in pretty good condition (sans the cart floor), I picked it up and this was the result.

Good job. That is pretty much what I expected. I think the aluminum cross members confused me with the lighter, more matte finish. I was not sure what that was. Some additional pictures would be great.

Good job. That is pretty much what I expected. I think the aluminum cross members confused me with the lighter, more matte finish. I was not sure what that was. Some additional pictures would be great.
Bruce, I made a new post and pictures are up.

Back