Weber cast iron sear grate

RGleason

TVWBB Super Fan
One word-----awesome! Could be bigger but oh well...... Great product that leaves killer grill marks!

E15BD0E7-AD00-439B-9C17-A49FA87946EB-2198-000002D59E302A02.jpg

DE56C422-FB3B-4C42-89FA-4AD7F2828F7A-4986-0000057E791A2305.jpg

wife bought me this last year. Not impressed. I use the grill more without the center in. She bought me Cracorts this year. Niiiiice....

I have the weber set and love them. The sear grate is nice for steaks and the normal grate insert works better than the original for other items. I also like to put my steal wok in the cut out for stir fry.

Mike

I bought the sear grate when Craycort dropped off the earth briefly a while ago (couldn't order, no response). Plus I was intimidated by the cost and idea of cast iron - I'm a cast iron killer (well, I destroyed one pan that even a professional couldn't bring back). I used and enjoyed the sear grate, but as I heard about the Craycort more and more I finally saved up my pennies and got it. I prefer it over the sear grate because I love the cast iron and now we understand each other. If I had it over to do again, I'd get the Craycorts and skip the sear grate.

However, if I wasn't interested in the Craycorts, the sear grate does work wonderfully. I hope you enjoy it (looks like you are!). May there be many happy delicious cooks in front of you.

Laura

Back