Weber briquettes

Nick-DaGoomba

Ok I know I’m a day late and a dollar short but can anyone tell me why Weber discontinued their briquettes? I loved using them. Any suggestions on another good brand of briquettes without junk fillers? Thanks again

I loved the Weber Briquettes and I agree with Eric. People really love the B&B, I also really like Blue Hogs Briquettes. I would get B&B from my local Ace and when I could not get it I would order the blue hogs. However, then I found Cowboy Briquettes at my local tractor supply (only because of this site) and for half the price of the other two, bam, high end/high quality briquettes at half the price. I haven't looked back. I still do like the B&B charlogs for low and slow and for the WSM, but true briquettes it is all Cowboy. Others on here have shared Cowboy Briquettes is rebranded Strubbs briquettes that everyone really loved before the Weber and was pulled from the market.

I loved the Weber Briquettes and I agree with Eric. People really love the B&B, I also really like Blue Hogs Briquettes. I would get B&B from my local Ace and when I could not get it I would order the blue hogs. However, then I found Cowboy Briquettes at my local tractor supply (only because of this site) and for half the price of the other two, bam, high end/high quality briquettes at half the price. I haven't looked back. I still do like the B&B charlogs for low and slow and for the WSM, but true briquettes it is all Cowboy. Others on here have shared Cowboy Briquettes is rebranded Strubbs briquettes that everyone really loved before the Weber and was pulled from the market.
Awesome thanks Michael. I actually used Stubbs years ago as well before the Weber ones. Now i just bought some Cowboy yesterday at Tractor supply. Price point is always nice too!

KF original isn't bad in my book, but there are some detractors here in the forum. I really like KF competition briqs. they're my current fav. I also use a fair amount of Rockwood Lump

KF is good charcoal, I have at least +2 dozen bags of it in inventory, & I like it best for grilling. When looking for a briquette that can give you a cleaner & longer smoking time similar to the Weber charcoal of old, the Cowboy/Stubbs & B & B are the closest that I have ever been able to find.

KF original isn't bad in my book, but there are some detractors here in the forum. I really like KF competition briqs. they're my current fav. I also use a fair amount of Rockwood Lump
Great… I like KF for quick cooks but never tried the competition briqs. I think I’ll need to try

KF is good charcoal, I have at least +2 dozen bags of it in inventory, & I like it best for grilling. When looking for a briquette that can give you a cleaner & longer smoking time similar to the Weber charcoal of old, the Cowboy/Stubbs & B & B are the closest that I have ever been able to find.
Thanks Eric…. Ya I used to use the Weber for quick or low and slow… agree with you on KF

I found the Weber Briquettes were really hard to beat for low and slow. When I used them in my lucky find Char Q for high heat grilling it didn't do so well, though. Probably because the Char Q has only one small intake vent underneath. I found Kingsford Professional did great for that. I can't find KP anywhere around me. I am experimenting with Royal Oak All Natural (cheap at Walmart) and have enjoyed Frontier South American charcoal:

The Frontier is available at Menards if you have that near you. It is a little different, but I like it.

JD charcoal is changing the charcoal market. I have noticed in the last year many companies now offer some quebracho charcoal in their line. Competition seems to be working. (y)

Jealous Devil is hard to be, best flavor I’ve had. Although to be fair I have not yet tried their briquettes

The briqs are just OK, not sure they are worth the price. I bought and used one bag. Not sure I'll buy another one.
Seems to be the reports I’ve read. Briquettes not being as good as the lump. I tried their pellets as well and wasn’t overly impressed. Although that was first ever cook with pellets

Back