Weber 900 NG Restore

Very well done. I like the conversion from Durawood to real wood. For the bottom rack, you can certainly convert that to wood as well. I would simply cut the slats and then mount them all on two long boards going east and west that fit just inside the front and back frame bars. That would hold it all in place. The North south slats would rest on top of the frame bars. That seems to me to be the simplest and least expensive route and should look real nice to match the shelves.

It seems you are very skilled with wood working. How did you do such a beautiful job on the handle?

I like your slat idea, thank you. The slats & handle on my grill are all original. Mine came with natural wood. All i had to do is sand & apply spar varnish.

Oh, I thought you had Durawood shelves and handle originally. As far as the bottom rack goes, Yah, if you want to replace it, go ahead, but I agree with Larry. I have the wire rack on mine and I like it. Not as pretty as wood, but very functional.

The slats were painted grey when i purchased used. I also thought they were durawood until i noticed some paint rubbing off. The only upgrades left for me are the rcplanebuyer grates & flavorizers. These grills were made great back in the day, don't need much work!!!!

I agree with LMichaels and Bruce on the wire racks. They are functional and very easy to keep clean. Wood slats would work ok but I imagine those would more readily catch dirt and debris. I'm all about low maintenance.

The wood on the bottom shelf gets a little dirty, but it's also protected from the sun for those of us who don't use covers :)

Back