Weber 6414 Caster Replacements

I found a lady selling 2 for $10 of the Weber brand casters. Shipping is $6 but... She also has a Weber propane hose+regulator listed for $10 but told me she would sell it for $5 it's new in the box also. Maybe discount plus combined shipping. I can be pretty cheap so I try and shave off costs anywhere I can without compromising product.Screenshot_20240629_085000_Mercari.jpgScreenshot_20240629_085123_Mercari.jpgScreenshot_20240629_085252_Mercari.jpg

Not sure if it's something you'd be interested in but if you are I can link you. Otherwise I'll purchase when I get home from vacation.

I found a lady selling 2 for $10 of the Weber brand casters. Shipping is $6 but... She also has a Weber propane hose+regulator listed for $10 but told me she would sell it for $5 it's new in the box also. Maybe discount plus combined shipping. I can be pretty cheap so I try and shave off costs anywhere I can without compromising product.View attachment 94561View attachment 94563View attachment 94565

Not sure if it's something you'd be interested in but if you are I can link you. Otherwise I'll purchase when I get home from vacation.

Ill leave them for you. Ill try the knock off casters and see what happens

My concerns are whenever you order a caster is whether you are going to get a 2" or 2.5" wheel --- when you only need ONE - you KNOW you are going to get the wrong size. Best to buy them as a pair or set so that they match and save the leftover and/or old ones as spares. You can deal with a slight lean, but a wobble is embarrassing.

Edit to add --- I recall when I was searching for replacements --- a lot of sites never gave wheel diameters or other dimensions.

Last edited:
I have a dozen or so in my stash, but generally, I just reuse the ones on the grill I am rehabbing and they are good.

One little trick I want to pass along to rehabbers and any older Genesis grill owner is to drill small (approx 1/8" holes through the bottom of the inserts. You should be able to get nine holes, one in each section. I know weber eventually started doing this, but most of the inserts on the older grills did not have these drain holes. So, what happens when water gets into the leg? Yah, it sits there and sits there and sits there inside the leg. We all know what that leads to. And in the winter up north, that trapped water freezes. Have you ever seen legs on a Weber grill near the bottom that are bulged out slightly? So, just take the five minutes to drill those holes and problem is solved.

I have a dozen or so in my stash, but generally, I just reuse the ones on the grill I am rehabbing and they are good.

One little trick I want to pass along to rehabbers and any older Genesis grill owner is to drill small (approx 1/8" holes through the bottom of the inserts. You should be able to get nine holes, one in each section. I know weber eventually started doing this, but most of the inserts on the older grills did not have these drain holes. So, what happens when water gets into the leg? Yah, it sits there and sits there and sits there inside the leg. We all know what that leads to. And in the winter up north, that trapped water freezes. Have you ever seen legs on a Weber grill near the bottom that are bulged out slightly? So, just take the five minutes to drill those holes and problem is solved.
Drilling holes also helps to get the stuck-in inserts, out!

Attachments

• IMG_6709.jpeg
    IMG_6709.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6708.jpeg
    IMG_6708.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 5

Back