Weber 1 touch GOLD-- CL find!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy W

TVWBB Member
I have been searching to find a one touch gold to accompany my 1 touch silver and I have finally found my answer today on CL. Picked up a mint condition OTG for 10 bucks!!
My patience has finally paid off!!!!

One question- it needs some TLC and was wondering how I could clean the inside, and grates? I was thinking just doing a burn method? Full chimney?
Any thoughts?

Hi & Welcome
I suggest spray oven cleaner on inside and out follow directions, then clean with brillo pads, replace the cooking grate and it will be like new. Hope this helps.

Easy Off makes a grill cleaner, tried it once, switched back to Cascade liquid. Leave it on for a day or two then pull out the steel wool.

Esy Off.. Check Home Depot. They sell one in a yellow can labeled "Professional Strength" Not sure if its better than what you can buy anywhere else, but the can is bigger.
Be careful of the fumes and wear hand protection. Spray it, if you can put the parts in a plastic bag or cover it with plastic and let it soak for a while, that will help. Rinse, repreat if necessaey. Use Dawn dish soap and 0000 steel wool pads. Rinse real well. Use a a wire brush or just buy a replacement grill. I usually do a small burn after the oven cleaner, just to make sure its all gone.. Enjoy!
AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back