waygu brsiket question

Glenn Fleming

TVWBB Fan
sup folks:

not been doing much this fall cuse of work, but next weekend gonna bite the bullet and do 2 waygu briskets for a work party, everyone is chipping in too offset the cost.. anything i need too do different with this meat?? i have been told too cook it up too 165 or 170?? thanx much.

glenn in SC

Cook it till it is tender, irrespective of temp. If monitoring temp, it might well get there and be at a lower internal than you might find with a Choice brisket. This will depend on the actual brisket you're cooking and the actual cooktemps.

it seems like when i check the brisket for tenderness the fork slides linke butter into the point section, but pretty tuff going in the flat, always kinda tricky when too pull or let go.. thanx for the info

glenn in SC

Ignore the point. (I never touch it.) When the flat feels tender it is. I use a probe to feel the flat. (I don't temp them.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glenn fleming:
sup folks:

not been doing much this fall cuse of work, but next weekend gonna bite the bullet and do 2 waygu briskets for a work party, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cook wagyus often and have found the internal temp is in the 195-200* range when done.

Well might be. Depends on cooktemps. I cook them rather low if very well marbled. It's the only typical barbecue meat I do low/slow other butt - and I do it lower/slower.

my plans were foiled.. dammit.. well got a CAB 11lb and a 12 lb select from kroeger, all the cost.. so wich one whould i put on the top rack?? i will be going low and slow.. how long can i hold in a cooler.. thanx much..

glenn in SC

what a night.. started sat at midnight with a full ring of Stubbs and oak pecan and apple.. the CAB we took off at noon and the select went too 2pm.. held them both in the cooler till round 4 30.. they were BOTH awesome, what a smoke ring.. low and slow worked great and would not hesitate on another select brisket, especial;ly at 2.50 a lb versus 5 bux on the CAB..also applied a lotta rub and did fatside down, no turn no mop.. awesome...

glenn in SC

Back