Way Too Hot!!

Close the fan damper on the digiq about 1/2 way and close your top vent about 1/2 way and leave it there. My understanding is that the digiq will supply the needed airflow through the smoker and closing the top vent down isn't a problem. The digiq needs to be able to have total control of the fire. If too much air is moving through the smoker due to simple convection, the digiq can't do its job. I struggled with this on my first couple cooks with the same ATC.

I have a pan full of water... still temps rose. I have the DigiQ damper closed 2/3 of the way, so only 1/3 way open. Every other bottom vent I taped closed.

The only think I could think of that would let extra air in... would be where the probes come out. I have them coming out at the top and the lid closes down on it, so the lid I guess probably isn't air tight.... but would that really be enough for such high temps? Its 3 probe wires.

What's the 3 probe wire for? I just got a Digi and it only has a pit and food that goes inside the pit.

What's the 3 probe wire for? I just got a Digi and it only has a pit and food that goes inside the pit.

I have a separate thermo (similar to Maverick) that I plug meat and pit probes in. It's wireless so I can take it in house. I don't hook Meat probe up to DigiQ because I don't need it, but the DigiQ needs pit probe to monitor temp.

Back