water vs. no water

And I recommend the opposite. For Minion starts (pretty much all I ever do) I suggest loading in the meat when the lit is dumped cooker is assembled. Imo, the salient (and best) point of a Minion start is loading the meat immediately.

Originally posted by K Kruger:
And I recommend the opposite. For Minion starts (pretty much all I ever do) I suggest loading in the meat when the lit is dumped cooker is assembled. Imo, the salient (and best) point of a Minion start is loading the meat immediately.

Totally makes WAY more sense than what I had previously said. LOL I shouldn't be giving advice (deleting previous post so no one will even know what I said)

My advice - take Kevin's advice.

Kevin, from my post about the ribs a while back, I wanted to show you the results from your advice...

Everyone loved them, I still think I foiled a bit long though....

But WWWWAY better than my previous run, I think next time I'll hit the mark! THANKS SO MUCH!

P1070021.JPG

David...those ribs look delicious. I am sure you are proud of them!
I assume they are St Louis cuts form the spare?
Will you share your cooking technique? Smoking temps and times? Foiling temp and time in foil? They look like you are on the money.

Originally posted by Morrey Thomas:
David...those ribs look delicious. I am sure you are proud of them!
I assume they are St Louis cuts form the spare?
Will you share your cooking technique? Smoking temps and times? Foiling temp and time in foil? They look like you are on the money.

Sure! I took Kevin's advice - I cooked them around 300ish for about 2 hours, then I glazed and foiled for about 40 min. glazed again and put back on for a few minutes - temps were above 350 at that point. I've had my WSM about 6 months and I use it around three times a month (yes, I've gained about 20 lbs. in this time frame as have many of my friends) I'm just starting to get the "sight & feel" of smoking - I don't get as worked up about temperatures as I once did - I still keep an eye on it and the WSM is awesome at locking in - just don't have a heart attack about a 5-10 degree swing. Besides I have the product of my labor to give the heart attack.

Back