Water Pan Filling - Tip

r benash

TVWBB Emerald Member
Hey don't know that I've seen this here, but it may have been posted somewhere.

Dropped back to wet cooking today when the Digi II decided to take a holiday. When refilling the water pan had the thought to use one of these that was laying around unused:
Transmission Funnel

Perfect for the job. No need to remove the lid. Just add water easily from the side door.

I use that exact same funnel when I need to refill the fresh water tank in the motorhome when we are in the desert, works great.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...when the Digi II decided to take a holiday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does that mean? It quit working?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike C.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...when the Digi II decided to take a holiday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does that mean? It quit working? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep
icon_frown.gif

Two Butts

I use the transmission funnel also. It allows me to get the end all the way down to the water pan, so there's no splash when I pour the water.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jerry Pollard:
I use the clay pot now and probably always! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I need a little (maybe a lot) of help here. WHAT is the CLAY POT. I hate doing the damn water thing- mainly the cleaning. Thanks.

Look here :

Water pan replacement/substitution technique.
Clay Saucer

Basically some folks remove the water pan and run the WSM with a clay saucer (used for flower pot base) as a heat sink instead.

Lots of archive info is you search and there's more info on the resource page I believe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jacob samarin:
i use a garden watering can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep that's what I used to do - long neck. The trans funnel was cool in that it allowed me to direct the flow much easier. Just lay the end in the pan and pour into the funnel.

Back