Water and temperature?

RichB

Using my bullet I wonder how you can keep the temp at 225 with the water tray in? Water boils at 212 how does the bel let get to hold 225?

Using my bullet I wonder how you can keep the temp at 225 with the water tray in? Water boils at 212 how does the bel let get to hold 225?

There's a gap between the water pan & the sides of the smoker that allows heat past, less affected.

If the water pan was the bottom of the chamber it'd probably be tougher to raise higher, but still the extra energy (heat) would get it above boiling temperatures in gas bubbles.

(I'm no bullet-smoker engineer though :) )

Welcome to the board...................

Your smoker bowl only has so much surface area to absorb energy from the charcoal. Also the charcoal temperatures are >212F and there is not enough surface area/contact time for the bowl temperature to equalize with the flame temp. The warm gas then mixes with the steam created from the water pan (boiling at ~212F) to get the final smoker temp. Usually there is also quite a bit of heat loss from the shell of the smoker you have to take into consideration as well.

Back