Warming cooked meat before serving.

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi All,

I have this problem-
When we do BBQ, we sometimes have regular BBQ with the smoked meat. The meat from the smoker comes out not so hot, as you know, and then "sits" around for extra 10 minutes before serving, so it's considerably colder than the BBQ meat when served.
Which is the best way to heat it up before serving?

Thanks,

Yehuda.

Yehuda-

We might need a little more info..... I know that when I cook meats low and slow, they are plenty hot when they come out of the smoker, and a short 10-minute rest won't be enough to cool them down (especially if covered with foil.)

Can you tell us more about what you're cooking, how you're cooking it? If you give us some more details, I'll bet someone here can help with a tip.

Rich G.

Thanks Rich,

I wasn't cooking anything special, just a 3 lb. chunck of sirloin steak, at lid temp. of 270F for 3 hr.
I don't have a meat thermometer, but the meat came out (great) about medium done, and was then wrapped in Al foil and places in a glass baking pan for 10 min. before carving and serving.
Since timing with other BBQ foods is sometimes a problem, how can smoked meat be brought up to temperature before serving? Place wrapped over the grill (does that damage the meat, flavor)?

Thanks again,

Yehuda.

Bringing your que'd meats back up to temperature will be much less of a problem if they're allowed to keep as much of their original temperature as possible.

Wrapping in foil as it comes off the smoker is just the first step to retaining that heat. Next, wrap the meat in towels or old blankets and store the bundle in a cooler or other similarly insulated container until serving time.

I've done this with pork shoulders and briskets many time times and the meat will still be nearly too hot to handle after three or four hours.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back