Wanting to try one.... Turkey

TonyB

TVWBB Member
i'm kinda wanting to try a smoked turkey before t-giving to see how it will be when family comes over... i saw a recipe for an Apple-Brined turkey i'd like to try but the recipe wasn't real complete and i'd like to get a few more details like how long or what temps i should be cooking it at...

any thoughts form the gallery???

nice... i think i'll try that the weekend of the 28th... of course i'll do it with a smaller bird the first time since i'd only be feeding about 4-6 people...

I 2nd Keri's Apple Brine. It's the only one I use for turkey.
icon_cool.gif

Bill

I have good luck with a Butterball turkey. Go easy on the smoke. 2 chunks of either apple or maple wood works for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TonyB:
i'm kinda wanting to try a smoked turkey before t-giving to see how it will be when family comes over... i saw a recipe for an Apple-Brined turkey i'd like to try but the recipe wasn't real complete and i'd like to get a few more details like how long or what temps i should be cooking it at...

any thoughts form the gallery??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a highly recommended recipe! It derives from those whacky food scientists over at Cook's Illustrated, so it's been tested 80 ways from Sunday for consistency and reliability. Just follow the steps and enjoy. The only thing I would add is to search out a good turkey carcass soup recipe so you can truly get full mileage out of that bird. Good luck.

Back