WANTED-Left Side Trim, Genesis Silver/Gold 2002+

KyleS

Howdy folks. Yesterday I got started on a restoration on a Silver C and I decided to remove the right and left side "trim" pieces. I had never removed these before, but the right side came off easy enough. The left side was giving me a little trouble, so I grabbed my rubber mallet and...yep, you guessed it! Couple swings with my mallet and I sheared off one of the inserts in the box frame! Therefore, I'm looking to purchase a replacement if anyone has an extra LEFT side, in grey? Part #16, per the attached Weber schematic. Thanks much, KyleS

https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/browse.aspx?model=3290001

Kyle, I believe they are the same end caps that are on the much more common Silver Series grills. There should be some used ones floating around out there.

I snapped on off before as well. If you will notice the handle is held in on each side by a notch that should be pushed up on the bottom of the frame before trying to remove the handle. But most likely, your problem was rust inside the frame. Some pretreatment with JB blaster or other penetrating oil will help greatly in getting them out.

You're absolutely correct Bruce, I should of pre-lubed! If the 1st one wouldn't of came out so easy, I would of used some penetrating oil FIRST (slapping forehead)!

You're absolutely correct Bruce, I should of pre-lubed! If the 1st one wouldn't of came out so easy, I would of used some penetrating oil FIRST (slapping forehead)!

Yup I had a problem with one and it was the left side got it out though had taken a small 2x4 behind it with a rubber mallet after PB the right side came out easily on my silver c project I am used lucas red n tacky inside all the tubes on the frame when I put it back together should be no problem if the have to be taken out down the road.

I will take a picture of the part make sure that is what you are looking for but its very faded and will pm you with the pics but wait till I take the final pictures on my thread I painted and clear coated mine look like new. Will they hold up who the heck knows.

Back