Wanted: Ash Pan for a '62-'68 26-3/4" Kettle

John Foster

Does anyone have an ash pan for a '62-'68 26-3/4" kettle laying around? I have been restoring one, and this is the last piece! I have a Weber replacement part, but because it's not the twist lock style, it doesn't catch all the ash from the three dampers (ands it sticks out like a sore thumb!). Please let me know, and thank you in advance!

I am in the same boat. I have a '69-'70 PAT PENDING 26 which I am in love with. However, the ash catcher was lost decades ago. These old twist ash pans, especially the ones that are for a 26" are like gold. Hard to come by and rarely does anyone want to give one up by itself. Mine too is wearing a 1990s era full disc pan...

Was there more than one style of twist-lock pan? Or was the same design used for all 1st-generation 26s?

Was there more than one style of twist-lock pan? Or was the same design used for all 1st-generation 26s?

There were two styles of twist-lock pans, best I can tell. There was a first generation pan with a flat, straight edge and no detail, and then another design with a rolled edge, and a circular bead near the bottom of the pan.

I'm looking for the straight one...

Back