Vintage Wok details

Jeff Kolodziejski

TVWBB All-Star
Since I posted my last cook on my old Weber Wok, I've had a few inquiries as to some details on it. Below are some pics comparing it to the new style 22" Weber wok, construction pics, and some original paperwork it came with. You can see by the photo of the brackets that it will fit either the 18 or 22" grill. Its a cool, yet simple design. I like it better also because its much deeper. You can put more food in it and never worrry about pieces flying out over the edge. The wok is 24" across and 5.5" deep. (The new 22" wok is only about 3" deep) I found out that this wok was also made in a size for even the Smokey Joe...very cool! I never saw one of these.

original box
DSCF6496.jpg

DSCF6497.jpg

DSCF6498.jpg

DSCF6499.jpg

New vs Old
DSCF6500.jpg

DSCF6502.jpg

DSCF6501.jpg

They made one for just the Smokey Joe!
DSCF6492.jpg

Original shipping info and dates on the sticker on the box.
DSCF6504.jpg

Well...Ive used it once so far. It was used of course when I got it, but I did clean it and coat it with oil per the directions on the original paperwork before I used it.
It does look similar in size to what you used, but just deeper.

Thanks Jeff.

That's a really nifty wok. I like the one for the SJ too. This wok seems to be much better than the other 2 styles I have seen - one being the shallow one in your post, and the other being the one sold as part of the Gourmet system.

Jeff,
I found those hooks on the bottom quite interesting.
It looks like it fits on the bowl of an 18 or 22 by placing it on the matching bracket.
Very cool.
AJ

Originally posted by AJ S.:
Jeff,
I found those hooks on the bottom quite interesting.
It looks like it fits on the bowl of an 18 or 22 by placing it on the matching bracket.
Very cool.
AJ

Thats EXACTLY how it works AJ.

Back