Vintage Pink Weber Sequoia...interesting

ToddBP

TVWBB Super Fan
I saw a CL add for a Weber pink bowl that was for sale and was mounted into an old style Performer frame. This bowl had the tabs on it so I assumed it was removed from a Sequoia or Seville at sometime in the past. I made arrangements to check out this odd colored Weber kettle. When I stopped over he had indeed mounted it into a Performer by drilling 3 holes through the pink bowl to mount it, ouch!

It looked to be in nice shape but did have a couple chips in the lid. I then spied a Weber Sequoia behind his house that had a newer black bowl in it and a 20# gas tank attached to it. Turns out he swapped out the older pink bowl with the new. I asked if he would sell me the Sequoia and switch the pink one back into the wooden Sequoia and he agreed after I sweetened the pot a little bit. The cart itself is in great condition with all the hardware, ash pan etc. and the original steel wheels as well. He did put in sheetrock screws all over it though to make it a little more sturdy, at least that was his reasoning, and the sad part is he did the switch only yesterday! Too bad I didn't get this before he did switch them but at least I got it put back together the way Weber originally intended it to be. I did a light cleaning to it today and have a little more work to do on it but it looks great for a older Sequoia with an interesting two-toned pink colored kettle.

Last edited:
Ah that's the highly collectible Mary Kay edition:p
Seriously the lid looks like a two tone brownie which matches all the Sequoia's that I've seen.
The bowl and lip can be just faded, or someone did a touch-up on a bad paint match.
Either way great score and what a treasure to own!

Tim

Ah that's the highly collectible Mary Kay edition:p
Seriously the lid looks like a two tone brownie which matches all the Sequoia's that I've seen.
The bowl and lip can be just faded, or someone did a touch-up on a bad paint match.
Either way great score and what a treasure to own!

Tim

Ha, it does have that Mary Kay color look to it! Actually this is a 100% color grill that Weber made back in the day. You are right, it is a two-toned color just like the brown (copper mist) or the green avocado colored Weber grills of the same era or possibly a little earlier. I think this color may not have been as popular as those as I've only seen this color on a couple of other Weber grills.

Saw that odd 'Performer' over the weekend, glad one of 'us' got it - nice save!

Yes, me too! This was definitely going to be split up and sold separately so I'm glad I was the one to stop over and notice the Sequoia tucked in behind his house, and knew that this pinkie belonged to it. I knew when I saw it that it needed to be put back together even though it did cost me. Anyway, this one will be a looker not a cooker. I have a slightly newer red Weber Sequoia that I was lucky enough to find on CL locally this summer and I use that one on occasion. I did a refurbishment/makeover on it as it needed more work than the pinkie.
I posted about it here: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?43044-Weber-Imperial-Sequoia-makeover

Here's a pic of that one.

IMG_1558_zps5d9bfddf.jpg

Last edited:

Back