Vintage Grill Light Handle for Durawood Slats.

Samuel

TVWBB Wizard
I would like to trade a Vintage Grill Light Handle for Durawood Slats to cover the bottom of a Grill.
You must cover shipping.

20231219_162201.jpgF2AAD1F9-DD1F-4FDB-B2B3-28E971DC38D2.jpeg

I was trying to come up with a rust proof bottom for my Platinum. The Z-channel was aluminum, resting on the stainless horizontal bars I added. I then reinstalled the stainless front doors, but I never solved the side and back problem before selling that grill to a coworker when I moved from Florida.

I guess if I cannot get Durawood I could do it with actual wood.
You're biggest problem is finding someone who wants that grill handle light and has that much extra durawood. I would just make them myself, easy enough to do.

Find a couple Genesis 1000 grill curb alerts and grab that. Otherwise, yes, wood will work quite well. You don't even really need to make the slats with brackets. You could use synthetic wood, like decking. You could find a Silver C bottom wire rack and stick that in there. Lots of choices.

1704764121789.png

1704764245993.png

1704764377515.png

Yes Bruce,
I have been looking to do this but finding one of these wire racks in the wild has been difficult.

Inspiration pic 8.jpeg

I guess if I cannot get Durawood I could do it with actual wood.
In a few months, if you still need them ping me. I can't get to them for a bit but I think I have them.

Is this for a 2000/3000 sized cart?

Edit. I'm not looking to trade.

Samuel, I think the Trex (or similar) might be your easiest ticket to getting the bottom of your grill done the way you want. Actually looks better than Durawood if you get a good color choice for your grill.

I welded in a 3/4" piece of angle iron across the front and back which not only provided me with the brackets to install the slats, but it also provided the necessary support on the legs. Probably not a great solution if you don't have access to a welder, but you could add in some 1 1/4" steel stock for the cross members with tube connecting bolts and then fashion up brackets on the decking to fit between them.
Point is that you have many options and you might even come up with one of your own.

I do not think that will work for that is off of a Stainless Steel Performer. Thanks though.
Right. That’s why I included dimensions if you wanted to measure and see how close the fit would be. Oh well, the search continues.

Back