Video Review: ThermoPro Lightning vs Thermapen ONE

Cool video. I'm definitely on the Thermoworks side. I don't like that 10ths decimal place on thermometers and turn it off. It's distracting. I'll be interested to know how long the Thermopro product actually lasts. Hopefully some people fess up if they die early.

My TP622 Lightning was delivered today. Here's something interesting: they are now providing a 10 year warranty.

Box edge:
20221219_175022.jpg

Operating manual with a label affixed over the original 1 year warranty info (and no mention of needing to register for an extended warranty):
20221219_175157.jpg

Their online manual still shows the one year warranty with an extended 3 years upon registration:
1671491510008.png
If you folks purchased one that stated a 1 year warranty you might want to reach-out to these folks to see if you need to take some steps for the 10 year warranty to be honored. I did just now register (and their splash page still spoke of the 1 year warranty), so I shot them an email for clarification and somewhat curiously, they did not ask for a serial number:

1671492052245.png

Well, I have no idea if I successfully submitted a request; their Contact Us page was a very frustrating experience for me.

Back