Very wet rack

KeithFWI

TVWBB Fan
I've had a lots of moist ribs etc....but these were like water melon ribs, cooked on the mini Trying to figure out what was different and i believe it could be i left the membrane on.... here ya go. The ribs were just olive oil and jerk rub. Thanks for lookin :D

I guess we should ask how long and at what temp? How did they taste? I say if it's cooked, and tastes good - nothing wrong with moisture...?

I guess we should ask how long and at what temp? How did they taste? I say if it's cooked, and tastes good - nothing wrong with moisture...?
275 for about 3 1/2 hours, they tasted great....different (different good) biting into such liquid in the rib meat. Gotta say this took me by surprise...found out since somebody nicknamed those kind "wheeping ribs" I'll call them watermelon ribs...lol

Keith,

Great looking ribs ! Was that 'moisture' from water OR... was it from the properly rendered fat :wsm:

Keith,

Great looking ribs ! Was that 'moisture' from water OR... was it from the properly rendered fat :wsm:
You know it's hard to know...I'm guessing a mix of both. I'm starting to think removing the membrane dries out a little more of the natural water.

Back