Vent marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy W

TVWBB Member
I wad wondering if there was a way to mark my ots so I ca

n close the bottom vents to 50%, 25% without having to take the cover off to see. How else does everyone mark or know when the vents are closed? Can a dab of paint, tape, something else b
e used?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Corey Elks:
just mark it with a sharpie marker by the handle of the one touch. I have 25, 50,75, and 100 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what I did. Works like a charm.

Thanks for in the input. Didn't think a black sharper would show up but obviously I was wrong. I will marking the ots tonight after work.
Thanks again

I finally got around to trying to mark my vents with little success. My black sharpie didn't show up on the black OTS. Any other recommendations? I thought maybe some white paint, but I can't seem to get the marks right! Very frustrating!!!! Please help.

On my OTS, I set it up so the lever is to the left of the front handle when facing. When the lever is push to the back and hits the back leg, it is just closed. Any amount pulled to the front is opening. For slow cooks where I might need to adjust it, I just bend over and look from the bottom. When I am done cooking and want to extingish, just a pust to the back to hit the leg and I know it is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back