Venison Roast

PeterN

TVWBB Member
Just put a venison roast in the crock pot with dry onion soup, 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, 3 cloves garlic crushed, 2 onions chopped, 2 bay leaves, and black pepper. cover with half and half vinegar and cold water. Ill let everyone know how it turns out tonight.

PeterN

I usually use vinegar as a tenderizer, although normally just add a good splash.

Will be curoius to hear how it comes out.

Good luck !!!

I have about 50 LBS of Venison still in my freezer from last year. I'll have to give this a try. Like John pointed out I'd be worried about that much vinegar.

Couple of quick questions. How large was the roast and crock pot? Also, how long did you let it stew?

Thanks,
Brad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brad Benski:
I have about 50 LBS of Venison still in my freezer from last year. I'll have to give this a try. Like John pointed out I'd be worried about that much vinegar.

Couple of quick questions. How large was the roast and crock pot? Also, how long did you let it stew?

Thanks,
Brad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I ended up cutting the vinegar by about half, so I would say 1/4 vinegar 3/4 water. The roast was about 4 lbs. bone in and I can not remember the size of the pot. I let it stew for about 9 hours on low.

Back