Vacio. Anyone ever cook one?

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Olympian
Ran into a video on this three cuts primal cut which hails from Argentina.

Anyone every bought or cooked one?

I’m quite intrigued.

Al Frugoni an Argentine open fire grill expert, I have some of his seasonings on order:

Only one online butcher sells vacio. I called around a bunch of local butchers and processors and because US cattle ate broken at the 13th rib, I cannot get this cut through normal channels.

I’ll dial in a solution by tomorrow, hopefully. I really want to cook this cut.

Only one online butcher sells vacio. I called around a bunch of local butchers and processors and because US cattle ate broken at the 13th rib, I cannot get this cut through normal channels.

I’ll dial in a solution by tomorrow, hopefully. I really want to cook this cut.
Dude, you need to take the next step, open fire cooking. Between my offset & Santa Maria attachment I simply enjoy the process more. Nothing wrong with charcoal, I will never dismiss it. Cooking with wood is just a different level. Get in the game!

Dude, you need to take the next step, open fire cooking. Between my offset & Santa Maria attachment I simply enjoy the process more. Nothing wrong with charcoal, I will never dismiss it. Cooking with wood is just a different level. Get in the game!
I don’t simply because I’m lazy! Me not think good always
After watching that video, I am going to think about one of those for the next big feast we have around here! That’s amazing looking beef!
Literally drooling need a napkin right now! Should not have watched on an empty stomach!

Last edited:
I’ve done many a trip tip on open fire. I enjoy live fire cooking a lot.

Back