Utah > Moab: The Blu Pig

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
The Blu Pig
811 S Main St
Moab, UT 84532

Visited The Blu Pig for lunch at about 2:30pm on a recent weekday, not many people were there. I intended to get a brisket sammie but saw a burnt end sammie on the menu that said it was cut from the point. I quizzed the waiter to confirm it was point and not chunks of the flat and ordered it. It came out on a nice soft bun with a pile of hot, thin shoestring fries--delicious! The sammie was a generous combination of whole chunks and some shredded chunks from the point, nice and dark and well rendered. The bun strained under the weight of all the meat and ultimately kind of sogged out, but overall it was tasty. Two sauces were offered, a KC style and a spicy version. Neither was awesome, but the spicy was the better of the two. Overall a very satisfying lunch.

Live music is part of the deal here. None was happening on a weekday afternoon, but they were playing some nice blues music which I enjoyed.

Barbecued meats also include pulled pork, wings, tri-tip, turkey breast, Cajun sausage, and baby back ribs in various configurations. Also a bunch of different sandwiches, burgers, catfish, hush puppies, ribeye steak, and prime rib on the weekend. Sides include the usual suspects plus fried okra, cheesy potatoes, sweet potato, onion rings, and gumbo.

I had a good experience at The Blu Pig and would go back again. Here are some photos.

IMG_1401.jpeg

IMG_1407.jpeg

IMG_1404.jpeg

IMG_1402.jpeg

IMG_1403.jpeg

We ate at The Blue Pig when staying overnight to visit Arches Nat'l Park several years ago - right good bbq. (y)

Nice to know they are still recommended.

Back